Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 What a year!

This has been probably the most memorable year ever for me. It wont just be remembered for the cancer either. Some positive things can happen from negative experiences. I reckon I have experienced more in this year than any other. I am not going to lie though its been exhausting! Would I do so much again? Maybe not!

Lets start with the positives.

Hubby came home to live for a year.

We had our dream holiday to "San Francisco" (a week before diagnosis as I was expecting the worse)

We started a new business restoring Vintage Caravans

My eldest joined the Army, her dream job

My eldest passed her driving test and bought her own car

I ran my first 10km race

Hubby donated stem cells for "Anthony Nolan"

We had two brilliant short breaks in London

My youngest passed all her GCSE's even with all the crap going on around her

Started to embrace the whole vintage era

Had my first theatre experience

Learnt to sew using a sewing machine

Started my blog and made some fab new friends

Acquired a rather big workshop with tons of potential

I finally booked my first Skiing holiday which is only a few weeks away

I learnt to stop being so uptight, life is too short to worry about everything

Went to my first festival and loved it!

Oh yeah nearly forgot came through the cancer treatment


Not so good things!

Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Lost one of our dogs

Had two vehicles written of neither of which was our fault

Trying to run a business with a serious illness, not easy!

Do you know what, I can hardly think of anything bad that has happened. Looking at the list there are far more positives and it actually has been quite a fab year. Due to taking a bit of a back seat with work I spent more time with friends and loved it. 

If I have learnt anything this year it will be to have more fun, learn something new at every opportunity and not take life so seriously.

I am looking forward to next year and what it will bring.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE




8 comments:

  1. Thats so great that the good list is longer than the bad, hoping that you have an amazing 2012 :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you & your family Clare, hope 2012 is your best year yet! Lotsa love, Chez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you and your family for the coming year ,sounds like you have had many ups and downs and pleased everything is looking up for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you say Clare, the good list far outweighs the bad one.Being positive is good for the soul. Hope you have an even better 2012, love Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had an amazing year - and a very interesting one. I hope 2012 is brilliant for you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Positives List is amazing... all those
    "firsts"!! Imagine the new "firsts" that await you for 2012. Things are looking good, go out and get it!!
    xxMs.K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope 2012 is just bursting with positives. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to having a fabulous 2012,and to a lot more first's
    XX Manda XX

    ReplyDelete