Friday 8 July 2011

Radiotherapy is going well, the skin is sore and itchy and I am sleeping more but all this is to be expected, yesterday marked the halfway point which is great, more so for the cost of petrol we are using going back and forth.

We went to look at another caravan the other day, she was on paperwork perfect. She was a 1950's vintage caravan and I loved it as soon as I saw it but it was not meant to be. Structurally she was damaged at one end, which really annoys me why people let them get in this state. I am sure someone with knowledge of caravan restoration would know what to do but its not in our capabilities. The guy was even dropping the price to a steal but to get the caravan to a state which I would of felt happy to sell her on would off cost a lot of money. I know Darren initially thought I'd had paid too much money for "Polly Dolly" but he now says he can appreciate how solid she is for her age and what good condition she is in.

The running is going well, I,m enjoying more than I ever have. I have always ran before because its a way of getting fit but it was a real effort. Suddenly now I cant wait to get my trainers on and go, so I had a good think about this while running this morning and I can only come to one conclusion. Running is the only thing in my life I have control off at the moment. I choose when and where I go, no one is making me do something I do not want to. Since march I have felt like my life has been turned upside down, I have become sickly and ill when I felt fine before diagnosis. I have six weeks to get ready for this 10km and I am determined to do it. I know my radiographer is worried about the fatigue but i feel just as tired if I don't go for run. I can understand why hes concerned because the majority of patients he see every day do not look too healthy which is not there fault. I am young and I am healthy than some healthy people if you know what I mean.

Today is treat day, we are going to go shopping in Shrewsbury after my hospital appointment and do some shopping. So I think a trip to the Vintage shop and a few other boutiques is in order, just some little pretty things I think.

5 comments:

  1. Have a fab day honey! keep running! Lotsa love Chez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are totally amazing, and yes you are certainly fitter than some 'healthy' people *blush* lol

    Have a wonderfully indulgent day today, I'll see you in the morning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the running thing is putting me to shame. You are really amazing.

    Did you get some nice treats? Hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of you when I opened my site ..I looked down and there you were!! I am overjoyed about the running ...and your right you are in control of that ....I totally get it...yea for you!!! We are heading to France tomorrow so I'll wave as we fly over!!!! Yea for you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lovely lady, hope you got some lovely pretty things! and are having a fab weekend! xx ps so jealous about the running! ;o)

    ReplyDelete