Tuesday 28 June 2011

Just a quick post as I,m going to be busy now until next week. Its my mates Festival this weekend, we are taking "Polly Dolly" to her first festival. Luckily its not far from the hospital so that's good for Friday and Mondays appointment.

The treatment is going fine, its started to feel like I have prickly heat in the area but there is nothing you can do about that. Yesterday the appointment was a total farce but there was nothing anyone could do about that. There are basically 2 radiotherapy machines and one of them broke. So we were all crammed onto the one machine, and fair play to the staff they rang Sunday night to say the appointment had been moved from midday to 4.45. I turned up and was told to go away for another hour as there was a queue. I returned only to have to wait another 1 and 1/2, I eventually got home at 9 pm last night. 

I wonder if this happens to anyone else, I bought a convenient frozen fish pie on the way home last night, and I always burn my mouth on those pies when cooked. These pies never seem to cool down and when they suddenly do they have completely dried up. Don't know why I bought it really, they are always a disappointment.

The running is going really well, have ran 3 miles each day for the last 3 days. I have decided to do a local 10km race in our town in 7 weeks. I even paid for the entry fee so that I can't back out. Its actually called "Race the Train" and the idea is you race the old steam train in the town. I will not be racing the train!! Just competing is a challenge for me and all the sponsor money is for "Marie Curie" which is a brilliant cancer charity.

Fingers crossed for a dry weekend, will speak next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment